WHO ARE WE?
Bleasby Grasshoppers was established in 2021 in support of the Bleasby GreenSpaces Matter Plan (approved by Bleasby Parish Council) which sets out the long term management and development objectives for the upkeep and enhancement of our community green spaces.
Grasshoppers have since established a friendly group of volunteers who share a passion for looking after the wonderful green spaces on our doorstep.....at last count there were more than 25 of us hopping around.
Our basic philosophy is; have some fun, don't get bogged down with committees and help each other to make light work of what needs doing.
We meet during the third weekend of every month, usually on a Saturday morning. There are also add-hoc gatherings to deal with things as and when they arise.
To get an idea of the various tasks and projects we have planned for this year, click here
We also organise community events related to our local green spaces, such as bird box building, nature days and craft activities.....you can find out more by clicking here
Communication with the group is via WhatsApp, with the occasional email.
If you are interested in helping out, meeting new friends and old, having some fun and getting some exercise, please get in touch to find out more.
Just email: [email protected] with your contact details and Jo or Mike will get back to you.
Some examples of recent Grasshoppers activity......
- community meadow engagement days
- Centenary Wood tidy up
- grass cut in meadow and yellow rattle sown
- bird watching screen built
- establishing a den building area
- mulled wine winter Social
- Ferry End tidy up
- Jubilee Ponds meadow hedge cut and trim
- removal of fallen branch and other debris
- basic first aid & life support course
- level crossing green space improvement
- fire-pit and meadow triangle clear and bonfire with marshmallows
- Glebe Field Christmas tree and Jubilee Oak planting
- Ferry End tree in river (this wasn't an organised Grasshoppers activity but thanks to Michael, Peter and Chris Foster who gave up their day and took care of the tree)
- bramble trim & paths tidy