Bleasby Parish Council is always looking for new councillors, either to fill exiting vacancies or for succession planning.
The present vacancies can be found on the Current Vacancies page of the Volunteering section of this site.
As a councillor representing your community you will help contribute towards it's upkeep and making it a great place to live and work. There are various roles and responsibilities, all of which will be provided with full training, so no previous experience is required. Most importantly you should have a positive outlook, a can-do attitude, willing to work as part of a team and have a degree of computer literacy.
However, there are some specific criteria to be met in that a councillor must:
· be British citizen, a Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the European Union
· be 18 years or over at time of application
· Not have be disqualified to stand for election.
You also must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
· Be on the Register of Electors and living at an address in the Parish
· Own a property in the Parish
· Run a business in the Parish
· Live within 3 miles of the Parish boundary.
If you are interested in finding out more about current vacancies and future opportunities, please contact:
Clerk Karen Green, or Chairman Councillor Stephen Andersen at:
email: [email protected]
More information is also available to download, together with an application form, on the PDF attachment below.